Revision as of 15:28, 11 July 2011
|This wiki is a sandbox for work on the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol or XMPP, provided for public use by the XSF. To obtain an account on this wiki, ask someone in the firstname.lastname@example.org chatroom for help (sorry, we don't allow open registration because we're trying to avoid the spammers).
More in-depth (though unfinished yet) articles:
- Core - Information about the core XMPP technologies for XML streaming
- BOSH - An HTTP binding for XMPP (and other) traffic
- Jingle - SIP-compatible multimedia signalling for voice, video, file transfer, and other applications
- Multi-User Chat - Flexible, multi-party communication
- PubSub - Alerts and notifications for data syndication, rich presence, and more
- Reliability - AMP, message receipts, stream management, Ping, keepalive, etc.
- Privacy - Presence subscriptions, privacy lists, simple communication blocking, etc.
- Admin - DNS SRV, certificates, etc.
- Disco - What is this "disco" thing?
- XMPP URIs - What is it?
(1) We do not like the Facebook policy but this page is here for communicate with "fans" of the foundation and the protocol.