This is a work page for the XSF's Infrastructure Team.
The XSF's Infrastructure Team is responsible for maintaining and improving the machines, software, and other tools used by the XSF to deliver its websites, discussion lists, chatrooms, and other services.
2017 Crash Recovery
Early 2017, we suffered from a crash that made XSF lose most infrastructure. Since then, most functionality has been restored. This is a list of remnants:
- The Observatory should be restored.
- The XEP list page needs to be regenerated when appropriate.
- In order to be listed here: http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/
- An operator should do the following: http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/registration/
- And then we should do this: http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/verification/
We should automate this. Mitchel Constantin, David Banes and Mike Taylor have expressed an interest.
The Team Leader is Kevin Smith. The complete team roster is:
- Anders Conbere -- XMPP, XEP tools
- Fabio Forno -- XMPP, bots
- Michael Grigutsch -- mail, lists, dns
- Waqas Hussain -- XMPP
- Florian Jensen -- OS, DNS
- Guus der Kinderen
- Marcus Lundblad -- XMPP
- Tobias Markmann -- XEP tools, web, source control
- Jeremie Miller (XSF emeritus) -- physical machines, DNS
- Jack Moffitt -- web, XMPP
- Edwin Mons -- DNS, mail, lists, web, OS
- Steven Parkes
- Peter Saint-Andre -- DNS, mail, lists, XEP tools, web, XMPP, source control, certificates
- Jonathan Siegle - OS, firewalls, data backup
- Kevin Smith -- OS, web, XMPP, source control
- Luca Tagliaferri
- Mike Taylor -- Dev Tools
- Remko Tronçon -- XMPP, bots
- Matthew Wild -- OS, web, XMPP
XMPP server Machine: HP ProLiant D385 G2 CPU: Dual 2.8 GHz Opteron CPU(2220) RAM: 16 GB LAST Debian Update: 3/1/2015 (Wheezy)
old XMPP Server Machine: Dell Poweredge 1850 Acquired: January 2005 CPU: Dual P4 Hyperthreaded Xeon CPUs (2.8 Ghz) RAM: 4 Gig LAST DEBIAN UPDATE: 5/12/2010 (Lenny)
Web server Machine: Dell Poweredge 1850 Acquired: January 2005 CPU: Dual P4 Hyperthreaded Xeon CPUs (2.8 Ghz) RAM: 2 Gig LAST DEBIAN Update 12/24/2014(Wheezy).
Mail server Machine: HP ProLiant DL360 Acquired: 2003? CPU: Dual P4 Hyperthreaded Xeon CPUs (2.4 Ghz) RAM: 2 Gig LAST DEBIAN UPDATE: 9/21/2014(Wheezy)
Network services and NOC space graciously provided by USSHC.