Kim Alvefur for Council
I’m Kim “Zash” Alvefur. You may know me from various MUCs, mailing lists and Summits. I’ve been an XSF member since forever.
I’ve been on the 2019-2020 Council, and I’m standing for another year.
As a server implementer I’ll likely be more excited about doing cool things in servers than in clients.
- Can’t fix everything in one year.
- Server implementer voice on the Council.
- Looks impressive on my CV and email footer.
Being on council doesn’t magically give you the time and energy to fix everything. So I need your help to fix everything and submit XEPs and PRs to council for approval.
How to get me to vote for your proposals
- Show consensus
- Solve a problem.
- Improve the state of XMPP.
- Reuse existing protocols and formats where it makes sense.
- Don’t forget backwards compatibility, but don’t worry too much about it either.
- Reasons and rationales.
- Use the secret passphrase defined in XEP-0028.