Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Revision as of 13:23, 15 January 2010
3,938 bytes added
13:23, 15 January 2010
no edit summary
We're working on a relaunch of the [http://www.jabber.org/ jabber.org website] using [http://www.drupal.org/ Drupal] as the content management system.
'''We're getting close! See the [[Website-migration-plan]] for details...'''
== Get Involved ==
If you'd like to help, please:
* Create a Drupal account at [http://stage.jabber.org/ stage.jabber.org]
* Start hanging out in the chatroom [xmpp:email@example.com?join firstname.lastname@example.org]
* Join the [http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/webteam webteam discussion list]
* Add your name to the [[Jabber.org Team Roster]]
== Target Audiences ==
* End Users (main focus)
* Server Admins
== Content ==
=== Current Site Statistics ===
See [[Current Site Statistics in July 2007]]
What do we need on the site for what target group?
=== Sections and Pages ===
You can find all the details on the wiki
See [[Jabber.org relaunch navigation]]
== Other focus points ==
* Great layout/design/corporate identity
* Keep it simple, trivial to navigate, use and update
* Client database (features, website, platform, etc)
* Library and component databases
* Server database (from xmpp.net)
== Bonus features ==
* Internationalized versions? (i.e. same site in French/Spanish/German/etc.)
* XMPP tools (Like transport registration, vcard editing, etc)
* Features like [[HTTP-Auth_suite]]
* Web-based messenger
* Registry of MUC rooms
* Jabber user directory (profiles with map integration)
== Backend ==
* [http://drupal.org/ Drupal] (CMS)
* MediaWiki (integrated into Drupal) to facilitate collaboration on content?
* Custom Drupal modules i.e. for client database
* [http://www.flyspray.org/ Flyspray] (issue tracker)
== Content Starting Points, Examples ==
* [http://www.deepdarc.com/2006/05/19/full-time-jabber/ Full-Time Jabber]: Explains the basic ideas behind jabber
* [http://www.jabber.org.au/ Jabber Australia]: Good example of a user centric jabber site
* [http://matthias.therry.free.fr/jabber/ What the f*ck is Jabber?]: Very good site that explains Jabber to Aunt Tilly. It's in Dutch, but there are sufficient people that can help translating if needed. The content probably may be used if we ask the author of that site (I know him).
* I'll be happy to contribute any usable content for this website that I wrote on the ejabberd website, the Coccinella website, and other projects. I can relicense all code (if still needed) under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Maybe it is a good idea to collect other people that also want to contribute existing information...
* [[Jabber history]]: This project is intended to move to the new community infrastructure when it is made available.
== Tech ==
* [http://drupal.org/ Drupal]
* [http://jwchat.sourceforge.net/ jwchat]
* [http://zeank.in-berlin.de/2006/02/22/introducing-muckl/ MUCkl]
* [http://jabberportal.mray.de/ small jabber portal project]
== Design proposals (content is only placeholder!)==
* [[:media:draft3.png|Front page "Get Jabber" -> Wizard ]]
* [[:media:Wizard_1.png|Wizard1: Do you have an account?]]
* [[:media:Wizard_2.png|Wizard2: Choose server and register]]
* [[:media:Wizard_3.png|Wizard3: Choose client and set it up]]
* [[:media:clientnode.png|The client node]]
== design update illustrations ==
== Mindmap ==
There is an extra [[Mindmap]] page now.
== Navigation ==
== Other ==
[[Client page mockup]] - Testing a conception, will send to the list :)
== Forum Structure ==
[[Forum Structure Wiki]]
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups