Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Ralph Meijer Application 2019
Revision as of 19:02, 3 June 2019
1,874 bytes added
19:02, 3 June 2019
Created page with "My name is Ralph Meijer ([xmpp:email@example.com ralphm]) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership. I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late..."
My name is Ralph Meijer ([xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org ralphm]) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership.
I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late 2000. I have co-authored a number of XEPs, all around publish-subscribe technologies, and contributed to many others, as well as the XMPP specifications submitted to the IETF. Futhermore I have served on the XMPP Council from 2004 through 2013 and serve on the XSF Board since 2013, as Chair since 2016.
I irregularly keep a [http://ralphm.net/blog/ personal weblog] and more often write at [https://twitter.com/ralphm Twitter].
== Services ==
I maintain the following Jabber related services:
* [http://planet.jabber.org/ Planet Jabber] - *The* aggregate blog of Jabber related blogs.
* [http://mimir.ik.nu/ Mimír] - A Jabber enabled news service / web-based news reader.
== Code ==
My most visible contributions in terms of code are:
* [http://idavoll.ik.nu/ Idavoll] - A (framework for building a) server-side component that implements a XEP-0060 compliant publish-subscribe service.
* The XMPP support in the [http://twistedmatrix.com/ Twisted Framework], of which I am the current maintainer.
* [http://wokkel.ik.nu/ Wokkel] - A library on top of Twisted that provides XMPP extension protocol implementations.
* [https://github.com/ralphm/ikdisplay ikDisplay] - An aggregator of real-time event notifications for waterfall type displays (including the Twitter Streaming API) that pushes to XMPP Publish-Subscribe nodes.
== Evangelism ==
I am a strong promoter of Jabber related technologies and have been given presentations at various conferences, mostly in Europe. Also, I've organized an Jabber/XMPP developers' room and XSF booth at [http://www.fosdem.org/ FOSDEM] on several occasions, among others.
== Why? ==
I would like retain my membership to continue my work within the XSF.
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups