Ralph Meijer Application 2019
My name is Ralph Meijer (ralphm) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership.
I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late 2000. I have co-authored a number of XEPs, all around publish-subscribe technologies, and contributed to many others, as well as the XMPP specifications submitted to the IETF. Futhermore I have served on the XMPP Council from 2004 through 2013 and serve on the XSF Board since 2013, as Chair since 2016.
I maintain the following Jabber related services:
- Planet Jabber - *The* aggregate blog of Jabber related blogs.
- Mimír - A Jabber enabled news service / web-based news reader.
My most visible contributions in terms of code are:
- Idavoll - A (framework for building a) server-side component that implements a XEP-0060 compliant publish-subscribe service.
- The XMPP support in the Twisted Framework, of which I am the current maintainer.
- Wokkel - A library on top of Twisted that provides XMPP extension protocol implementations.
- ikDisplay - An aggregator of real-time event notifications for waterfall type displays (including the Twitter Streaming API) that pushes to XMPP Publish-Subscribe nodes.
I am a strong promoter of Jabber related technologies and have been given presentations at various conferences, mostly in Europe. Also, I've organized an Jabber/XMPP developers' room and XSF booth at FOSDEM on several occasions, among others.
I would like retain my membership to continue my work within the XSF.