Difference between revisions of "XMPP Office Hours"
m (Remove stray underscore)
|(74 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Weekly "office hours" (short talks or
Weekly "office hours" (short talksor held virtually) occur .
to the around a new is .
Latest revision as of 21:12, 2 January 2022
Weekly "office hours" (short talks, discussions, or demos held virtually) occur periodically. Want to show the world around your favorite client? Get feedback on a new feature you developed? Encourage other clients to implement your favorite XEP? Or just have a round table discussion about a topic that's close to your heart? This is the place to do it.
Talks and demos can be any length, but we'll strive to keep the whole session to around an hour at maximum (ideally we'll stick to something closer to 30 minutes) including any time for questions (if the speaker wants them). If you're scheduling a new talk, the suggested time is Tuesday at 16:00 UTC.
- No talks currently scheduled. Want to give a talk? Sign up above!
All XSF Events are listed in our public XSF Calendar.
Some (but not all) previous talks can be found on our YouTube channel
Here are a few examples of great talks we've had recently!
- "Intro to JMAP" by Daniel Gultsch, 2021-04-27 1600 UTC
- "Intro to XMPP" by Sam Whited
- Round Table Discussion: "Towards XMPP 2.0"
- "Cryptographic Identity: Conquering the Fingerprint Chaos" by Paul Schaub (vanitasvitae)
- "Soprani.ca: bridging us all together" by Stephen Paul Weber (singpolyma)
- "Designing Message Styling" by Sam Whited
- "Verifying A/V Calls with OMEMO: The Art of the Hack" by Daniel Gultsch
More can be found on the Previous talks page.
If you are hosting the office hours, see the Office Hours Checklist for a list of tasks to perform the day before, the day of, and after the presentation.