I'm Joachim Lindborg Geolocated in Uppsala Sweden Dedicated to innovative technologies around energy efficiency, visualisations and smart energy usage and the emerging technologies for advanced energy control both in private and in commercial with the drive towards smart customers on a global market.
Computer Science at Uppsala University Sweden www.uu.se Information Technology Uppsala I have been working the field of energy and smart homes and energy efficiency since 1996 and have been working in a broad flora of tools to measure control and make energy efficiency happen.
Past and current Work
- Many years of smart energy services for the large utility Vattenfall
- Working alot with various sensor networks such as LonWorks / LonMark, Modbus, IEC1107, Mbus, wMbus RS485 related.
- Created the system for eneregysavings company 
- Currently working in the Swedish research company Sustainable Innovation with energy efficiency
- doing research together with network embedded systems group at SICS
My XMPP intrest
I have seen so many "final solutions" for the inetroperabilty problem regarding intelligent energy control so far I've never seen anything having such a potential as XMPP and the extensions for IoT. Earlier attempts such as CORBA and OSGI and know the latest Fi-ware has never made me belive it is possible to move from legacy standards and zigbee and the alike
My solid feeling is that IP togheter with extensions on XMPP is the only distributed solution that can do the trick to open up the energy sector and move data easily between company borders