Waqas Hussain Application 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I'm Waqas Hussain, and I'm reapplying for XSF membership.
For details on me, and the how and why of my getting involved, see my previous application.
Projects this year
- I've mainly been involved in the Prosody project
- I've implemented XMPP-IM, as well as dozens of XEPs in Prosody, including MUC, PEP, vCards, XML-RPC, service discovery, etc.
- IdentiChat, which was never formally released, but sees a fair number of users
- I've been working on a number of other interesting projects, but they are not public yet
- I'm now an author of XEP-0227: Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers
- I also find myself listed in the acknowledgments section of a couple of XEPs
- I can usually be found hanging around in the JDev and Jabber rooms, frequently rendering assistance to new users
- I'm also relatively active on the various XMPP mailing lists, arguing about this and that
- I'll continue to work on Prosody; we have some pretty interesting plans for upcoming versions
- A new and improved version of IdentiChat is in the works
- I'm interested in contributing to existing XEPs, as well as in writing and implementing some new ones
- I've been spending time on some testing and performance tools
- BOSH is fun to play with, and I've been working on several web applications
- If I tried listing all my plans, I'll miss the application submission deadline
Same as last year:
- Ping me over jabber: waqas at jaim dot at
- Send me an email: waqas20 at gmail dot com
- Or you can just poke me in the JDev, Jabber, or Prosody rooms