Travis Burtrum Application 2023
- Name: Travis Burtrum
- Nickname: moparisthebest
- Code: gitea github
- Fediverse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- XMPP address: email@example.com
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment: Self; Contractor
Who am I?
I'm just your average programmer interested in open source, federation, e2e encryption, and running my own services to avoid reliance on 3rd parties.
Why am I reapplying?
To continue attempting to be involved in the standards process. This last year I've been a member of the Council so it'd be nice to continue doing that.
- xmpp-proxy - XMPP reverse proxy and outgoing proxy
- XEP-0467: XMPP over QUIC author
- XEP-0468: WebSocket S2S
- XEP-0368: SRV records for XMPP over TLS
- XEP-0418: DoX author
- HACX author (rejected)
- eatxmempp: CVE-2021-32918 - Vulnerability and POC tool
- httppppppppppp-upload: full drive exploit - Vulnerability and POC tool
- DoX support for jDnsProxy
- sendxmpp-rs - sendxmpp in rust
- sendxmpp-py - sendxmpp in python with pgp support
- xmpp-ircd - IRC server backed by MUC
- Android app, Android library, Server component, and Conversations patch or fork to implement SMS over XMPP, offering a https://jmp.chat like experience from your own phone
- Rust and C implementations of OMEMO Media sharing
- Misc gajim, Conversations, prosody-modules contributions