Timothée Jaussoin Application 2018
- My name is Tim aka edhelas
- I live in Utrecht, The Netherlands
- I'm a IT engineer
- I already took part in a couple of free software events in France, Netherlands and Switzerland (Journées du Logiciel Libre, FOSDEM, Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre…)
What about XMPP ?
Linked to this project I've also wrote a couple of other piece of code :
- Moxl a XMPP library for PHP that is built for Movim
- AtomToPubsub which is a little tool that parse Atom nodes and push them to Pubsub ones written in Python, it can be used with FeedCleaner, a little PHP library that parse, clean and convert RSS nodes to Atom 1.
I'm also working with Jérome Poisson (Goffi) from Salut à Toi and Sergey Dobrov to push forward some XEP like Pubsub, PEP, Bookmark (and many others) to make XMPP more "social" and fix some weird behaviors (some of them for Pubsub are listed on this page).
More recently I started to work with the ejabberd team to help them to track down and fix issues that I've encountered along the way in their project (especially around the Pubsub technologies).
I'm writing more and more about XMPP on my (XMPP Pubsub hosted!) personnal blog.
I'm hosting the movim.eu XMPP service, recently migrated to ejabberd.
Since the summer 2018 I'm also doing some consulting for the XMPP protocol.
I think that XMPP can be way more than a simple IM protocol and I'm convinced that we can built a full social network on top of it.
I convinced that we can use XMPP to replace IMAP/POP/SMTP or to build powerful app on mobile (like Conversation or Xabber on Android), all we have to do is to complete the implementations in our clients and servers and enjoy a wonderful, standardized and federated social-messaging network!
Email & JID : edhelas + at + movim + dot + eu