Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Ralph Meijer Application 2005
Revision as of 18:24, 11 July 2005
2,486 bytes added
18:24, 11 July 2005
JSF Member application 2005
My name is Ralph Meijer (ralphm) and I'm applying for the continuance of my JSF membership.
== History ==
I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late 2000. Since then I'm involved in doing experiments with new Jabber protocols resulting in various pages at my personal site at [http://ralphm.net/]. Examples are the Jabber Fish Tank at that sites front page and the [http://ralphm.net/world Jabber World Map]. I'm one of the founding members of the JSF.
== Protocols ==
I've contributed to many protocols, both in the JEP standards process and the XMPP workgroup. Some of those contributions have resulted in the (co-)authorship of a number of publish-subscribe related JEPs:
* [http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html JEP-0060] - Publish Subscribe
* [http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0107.html JEP-0107] - User Mood
* [http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0108.html JEP-0108] - User Activity
I am a member of the current (4th) Jabber Council.
== Services ==
I maintain the following Jabber related services:
* [http://planet.jabber.org Planet Jabber] - *The* aggregate blog of Jabber related blogs.
* [http://mimir.ik.nu/ MimÃr] - A Jabber enabled news service / web-based news reader.
== Code ==
Not all of my Jabber related code is (currently) publicly available. However, some of the code created for my experiments mentioned above is available in the [http://ralphm.net/downloads download section] of my site. Furthermore, I'm the author of the following projects, of which the code has been released under a BSD (-like) license:
* [http://idavoll.jabberstudio.org Idavoll] - A (framework for building a) server-side component that implements a JEP-0060 compliant publish-subscribe service.
* [http://tune.jabberstudio.org Tune] - A small client that publishes the currently playing song in Rhythmbox using [http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0118.html JEP-0118] User Tune.
Also, I'm the current maintainer of the Jabber support in the [http://twistedmatrix.com Twisted Framework].
== Evangelism ==
I am a strong promoter of Jabber related technologies and have been given presentations at the european conferences [http://www.fosdem.org FOSDEM], [http://www.xtech-conference.org/ XTech], and [http://www.nluug.nl/ NLUUG]. Also, I've organised a Jabber developers' room and Jabber booth at FOSDEM on several occasions.
== Why? ==
To continue my work within the JSF for the European continent. I will also re-apply for the next term of the Jabber Council.
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups