Peter Waher Application 2019
My name is Peter Waher and I work with Internet of Things, Smart Cities, Social Networks and Semantic Web technologies. My interest in XMPP is to use it as the basis for a safe and secure IoT/Social Networking infrastructure which competing actors can share in a secure and interoperable manner.
Following is a short list of my XMPP-related activities:
- Writing books on IoT and IoT-related protocols (such as Mastering Internet of Things: https://www.packtpub.com/networking-and-servers/mastering-internet-things).
- IEEE Standard for Harmonization of Internet of Things (IoT) Devices and Systems.
- IEEE Standard for Maturity Index of Internet-of-things.
- Self-Management Protocols for Edge Computing Node.
- Data acquisition, Filtering and buffering Protocols for Edge Computing Node.
- Cloud-Edge Collaboration Protocols for Machine Learning.
- Promoting XMPP for IoT.
- Providing Test Integration Brokers for IoT, such as cybercity.online.
- Providing smart payment services using XMPP.
- Developed an XMPP broker for IoT.
- Developed a Simple IoT Client.
- Developed an IoT Gateway.
- Developed an array of communication-related libraries.
- I've authored and coauthored several XEPs that lay a foundation for interoperable IoT applications using XMPP.
- Little Sister, a distributed social network, distributed object database and collaboration platform based on XMPP.
Purpose for reapplying
The main purpose for reapplying for membership is to be able to propose XMPP extensions and support existing ones. My main interest is to expand XMPP to be used mainly within the following three areas:
- Internet of Things.
- Smart Cities
- Semantic Web (web 3.0).
- Decentralized social networks.