Matthew Wild Application 2024
My name is Matthew Wild, and I am located in the United Kingdom. I work with XMPP for fun and for food, and I have founded multiple open-source XMPP projects such as Prosody, Snikket and the Modern XMPP documentation project.
I am currently serving on the XSF Board, and as the Executive Director.
- I have continued to work on Snikket, an ambitious project to offer the best of XMPP as a single well-integrated and user-friendly solution. The project is open-source and self-hostable, and I hope that it will become a user-friendly "gateway" into the XMPP ecosystem for many.
- Attended FOSDEM 2024, and assisted in promotion of XMPP by engaging with conference attendees with promotional materials and fun demos.
- I continue to lead the XSF infrastructure team, including setting up xmpp.net as a home for various community-run projects.
Particular standards I am interested in working on include a new specification for push notifications, account configuration (including per-user data retention preferences) and working more on the future of group chat in XMPP (MUC/MIX).
- Snikket, an easy-to-use XMPP distribution for non-XMPP people
- ModernXMPP, a project to fill the gaps between XEPs and help developers build modern user-friendly clients using XMPP.
- Scansion, an automated XMPP client (e.g. for integration testing)
- Prosody, an XMPP server for human beings
- I actively participate in the development of the XMPP protocol and its extensions.
- I served many years on the XSF technical council, and am currently in my sixth term as a member of the foundation's board.
- MattJ in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jabber/email: me (at) matthewwild.co.uk