Joachim Lindborg Application 2015
I'm Joachim Lindborg Geolocated in Uppsala Sweden Dedicated to work with innovative technologies around energy efficiency, visualisations and smart energy usage and the emerging technologies for advanced energy control both in private and in commercial with the drive towards smart customers on a global market. (copy from last year but still stands)
What happened so far in 2015
based on my goals from last year I have done most of the things
- I had a very good presentation again at Fosdem and IoT was on the meeting of XMPP summit some online material
- Organised the Swedish Global IoT day 2015 We had Intel as sponsor and connected Intel Edison boards to XMPP-IoT infrastructure.
- Upnp has released the Upnp+ framework which uses XMPP internally.
- Further work done on SleekXMPPimplementation for IoT xep 323 and 325
- Still working with IEEE in two groups IEEE21451-1-4 and CSHBA
- the new site XMPP-IOT.org website is now running tries to explain the IoT concepts
- Mentoring Adhish Singla on his GSOC IoT project.
Why I Am reapplying for XSF Membership
I am now in my third year as XSF member. I have mentored one GSOC student
I still believe in the usage of XMPP for IoT. It always takes longer time than one think to get something working but XMPP is part of the IoT world now and I would like to continue that work.
During 2016 I will (in non prioritised order)
- Finalize the XEP for accessing things over the chat channel that I started long time ago.
- Continue the http://XMPP-IoT.org website work with open code and applications
- Hope to find funding for the xmpp summit 2016 and Fosdem perhaps having our own developers room this year!
- continue the work on SleekXMPP and Strophe on github 
- Continue the IEEE work on P21451-1-4
- Continue the participation in Upnp utilization of XMPP
- Get another Global IoT day 2016 going
- Hope to see an xmpp online hacking session