Ashley Ward for Board 2013
I am Ashley Ward and I'm applying for the first time for the XSF Board
In my current role I have been involved with the creation and deployment of a chat application for one of our clients based on emite/hablar which got me involved in XMPP as a technology a few years ago. More recently I have also been involved in the development of the Buddycloud project, particularly around the server technologies.
I also help run my wife's small business, particularly around the financial side, so I know my way around a balance sheet too!
XMPP Related Work
- I am a co-owner of the EmiteGWT projects on github https://github.com/EmiteGWT
- I contribute to the buddycloud project https://github.com/buddycloud
- I have also contributed to the Openfire server project
- I am the author of XEP-0314 (Security Labels in PubSub) http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0314.html, which I am planning to bring back from purgatory in the very near future :)
- I am also currently involved in drafting the buddycloud XEP.
- Co-organiser of the XMPP UK meetup group, along with my colleagues Laura Gill and Lloyd Watkin
We have some very exciting looking work coming up with the XMPP protocol, particularly around the collaborative space and pubsub, and if feels great to be a part of the organisation which oversees such an important protocol, and for me to help drive it forward.
- JID (Personal): email@example.com
- JID (Work): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email (Personal): email@example.com
- Email (Work): firstname.lastname@example.org