Arc Riley Application 2017
- jid: email@example.com
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I've been contributing to the free software community for over two decades.
Today I maintain several software projects working with Python and XMPP.
I maintain a large number of freely licensed XMPP packages, notably;
- mod_xmpp, an XMPP over WebSocket module for Apache HTTPd
- LightMelody, an modern replacement for Loudmouth XMPP library using GObject/GI
- NodeTree, an XML data binding package for Python which supports XMPP stream processing
Over the last year I've done an increasing amount of EXI, IoT, and WebRTC work.
- Lead for Python XML-SIG
- Mentor students working on XMPP-related projects
- Present on XMPP (lightning talks, poster sessions, workshops, etc)
Why I want to renew my membership
I'd like to continue to serve the XSF community.