Andrzej Wójcik Application 2014
My name is Andrzej Wójcik and I live in Poland. I'm 28 and I'm very interested in XMPP since 2005. I wish to apply for XSF membership. Currently I work for Tigase
If you need to contact me send jabber message to the address: andrzej.wojcik AT tigase.org or an email to andrzejw AT tigase.org.
A few year ago, I was working on XMPP client (fork of Psi) named Synapse-IM. During lack of time (as I was a student then), I was forced to stop development of this project and project died. But I learned a lot about XMPP during development of this project and in next years a created some private XMPP projects. Since 2008 I'm hosting my own XMPP server. At first it was running Openfire, then eJabberd and since end of 2008 it is running Tigase XMPP Server which I started to modify to satisfy my own needs (but still to comply with XMPP and it's extensitons). In 2007 I was accepted as a member of XSF and I was a member for one year. Since 2010 I work for Tigase
What I do
During my work for Tigase I'm working on following XMPP projects:
- Tigase XMPP Server which is XMPP server written in Java
- Tigase Message Archiving - implementation of XEP-0136 Message Archiving for Tigase XMPP Server
- Tigase Mobile Messenger - XMPP client for Android devices
- Jaxmpp2 - XMPP client library written in Java
- TCLMT - XMPP based utility to execute ad-hoc commands from command line written in Java
- Tigase Socks5 Proxy - component implementing Socks5 proxy for Tigase XMPP Server
- Tigase STUN - component implementing STUN for Tigase XMPP Server
- Tigase PubSub Component - PubSub implementation for Tigase XMPP Server
- Tigase MUC Component - MUC implementation for Tigase XMPP Server
Plans for a future
I want to work to improve Tigase XMPP Server and other XMPP based projects to improve user experience of XMPP protocol as well as to improve interoperability between XMPP services and security of XMPP services.
XMPP - Why I like it
Since I started my journey with XMPP, I have seen a lot of XEPs which extended this protocol allowing anyone to integrate many different services using one protocol common protocol to allow them to communicate and create new unique solutions not possible before. Moreover XMPP is open technology which allows anyone to add new implementation or new services and easily integrate them with existing network allowing other users to use it.