Ali Sabil Application 2010
I am a 24 years old research engineer, originally from Casablanca, Morocco. Currently living in Oslo, Norway. I contribute to various Free and Open Source projects. I have been interested in XMPP and more generally in real-time communication protocols for the past 4 years.
I am currently working for TANDBERG, a Norwegian video-conferencing company where I have been pushing for a wider adoption of XMPP for about 2 years. My interest is joining the XSF is solely personal.
- Author of Whisper, a Vala XMPP client library whose development is currently put on hold.
- Author and maintainer of the Loudmouth Vala bindings.
- Working on an experimental research project involving among other technologies XMPP, Jingle and PubSub.
- Worked on an experimental SIMPLE to XMPP gateway.
- Worked on an experimental synchronous collaboration surface based on XMPP.
- Worked a c++ XMPP client library.
- Worked on a home automation project based on XMPP (University project).
- Actively pushing for a wider usage of XMPP at TANDBERG.
- Attended the 6th edition of the Summit.
Why the XSF ?
I believe XMPP is where it is today thanks to the XSF, and I would like to join the XSF as a technical reviewer so that I can bring in my contributions and help maintaining and improving it.