Alexander Gnauck Application 2007
I am 33 years old software developer located in Germany (Heilbronn). I met the jabber protocol in the year 2001, and the technology convinced me from the 1st day.
Since 2001 I'm programming, contributing and promoting XMPP. Since 2003 I'm a member of the JSF, currently I'm serving the board and took over the secretary duties in 2006.
Active Jabber/XMPP Projects
- agsXMPP SDK - cross platform open source (GPL or commercial) XMPP SDK written in c# for .NET
- SmartJab - free Jabber Client for Smartphones based on agsXMPP
- also working on some other projects that will be released soon
- i administrate the public jabber server at myJabber.net
- I try to help newbies and developers whenever possible.
- I try o convince everybody from the XMPP technologies for IM or real-time collobration business applications.
- I'm not a JEP author, but i try to prove the JEPs and protocols with source code, and of course discuss XEP's and the core protocols on the mailing lists.
Why I'm reapplying
- I want to contribute with my activities and long time XMPP experience to the JSF.
- I also want move forward with E2E encryption, security (ICA) and better file transfer protocols that works also with clients behind NAT (STUN, ICE).
- One of my visions is to send most of daily Mails/Messages over the XMPP network instead of the SMTP network.
- Bring more XMPP applications on mobile devices and cell phones.
- I'm looking forward to a great year for XMPP in 2007.
- Jid: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org