Abhinav Singh for Council 2012
From XMPP WIKI
Hi, I am Abhinav Singh, aged 28 years, from Bangalore, India. I first applied for XSF membership in 2010 (elected). I am currently an XSF member and applying for XSF council membership.
Me and XMPP
- Discovered XMPP in Sep, 2007 while working on a self initiated project Gtalkbots
- I am author of JAXL Library which was later open sourced in Jan, 2009
- JAXL library implements 51 XMPP XEP's including MUC, PubSub, PEP, File Transfer and others.
- In 2011, I released WP-Chat plugin for wordpress which was built on top of XMPP
- From Aug, 2010 till Mar, 2012 I worked on my startup Jaxl with a vision of providing a real-time PUSH transport for applications over cloud that works across all platforms.
- Jaxl platform was build on top of XMPP and written mostly in Erlang
- I am author of ebosh, a BOSH connection manager written on top of Erlang OTP
- I have contributed to exmpp and strophejs
- Ejabberd/XMPP consultant for WOOW International where I developed Message Carbon, custom MUC and analytics module for Ejabberd.
- I enjoy helping XMPP developers at stackoverflow and XSF mailing list
Priorities for 2012-13
- Contribute to existing XEP's specifically BOSH and MUC
- Contribute ideas and help in development of new XEP's
- Initiate India XMPP chapter for regular meetings and talks
- Help XSF infrastructure team with day to day working