Abhinav Singh Application 2012
I am Abhinav Singh, aged 28 years, Jaxl Founder, XMPP/Realtime System/Erlang Architect, Consultant, Freelancer from Bangalore, India.
XMPP Related Projects
- Gtalkbots - It was as a self initiated project which hosted some of the famous gaming/utility bots and acted like a gtalk status aggregator for registered users.
- Jaxl Library - I am the author of open source XMPP client library Jaxl. Written in PHP, Jaxl v3.x is an object oriented, non-blocking, event based modular XMPP client/component library. Jaxl library comes bundles with dozens of XMPP extensions (XEP's) including MUC, PubSub and others.
- Jaxl IM - Jaxl IM is an embeddable Instant Messenger for your website. It runs across all major browsers and is built upon XMPP protocol. It is a hosted solution empowering real time communication between you and your site visitors. It expects no software or hardware pre-requisites from your site servers or users.
- Jaxl Platform - Jaxl provides a hosted real-time application platform for developers
- Github - A lot of other XMPP related code can be found on my github page
I have been hacking ejabberd/exmpp for 4 years now and ofter contribute to these wonderful open source libraries via patches.
- XMPP fits seamlessly into a large variety of verticals including social web, research, home appliances etc.
- I recommend and help developers for using XMPP in their applications
Why I like XMPP
- Flexible, Extensible and it's Real time in nature
- Huge open source community
Why I am applying
- Working towards improvement of existing XEP's
- Contribute idea and support for developing new XEP's
- Start India XMPP chapter for meetings and talks
- Join XSF infrastructure team