XMPP Office Hours
Weekly "office hours" (short talks, discussions, or demos held virtually) occur every Tuesday.
Want to show the world around your favorite client? Get feedback on a new feature you developed? Encourage other clients to implement your favorite XEP? Or just have a round table discussion about a topic that's close to your heart? This is the place to do it.
Talks and demos can be any length, but we'll strive to keep the whole session to around an hour at maximum (ideally we'll stick to something closer to 30 minutes) including any time for questions (if the speaker wants them).
- When: See the schedule for times of individual talks! If you're scheduling a new talk, the suggested time is Tuesday at 1600 UTC.
- Where: https://socialcoop.meet.coop/sam-pku-dud-niv
- Signup: https://xmpp.org/community/officehours/
- 2021-12-14T17:00Z "Fighting Windows and XMPP - Building a (modern?) Windows XMPP Client" by Fabian Sauter
- No signups past this point; want to give a talk? Sign up above!
All XSF Events are listed in our public XSF Calendar.
Some (but not all) previous talks can be found on our YouTube channel:
Here are a few examples of great talks we've had recently!
|Date||Time||Topic||Presenter||Contact address||Slides (PDF best)||Notes||Recording|
|5/4/2021||17:00 UTC||Gajim 1.4 Preview||Philipp Hörist||Preview of the changes we plan for 1.4. Gajim gets a big GUI overhaul.||https://youtu.be/SwZaZY2hYzA|
|4/27/2021||16:00 UTC||Intro to JMAP||Daniel Gultsch||https://gultsch.de/files/intro.pdf||https://blog.samwhited.com/xmpp-intro-slides.pdf||https://youtu.be/VnRvDyyhEyQ|
|4/20/2021||16:00 UTC||Feedback request: Intro to XMPP||Sam Whited||Notes: https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_Office_Hours/2021-04-13-Notes||https://blog.samwhited.com/xmpp-intro-slides.pdf||This will be the technical version of the presentation. If you already know it all, please provide feedback and invite any XMPP newbies you want to get involved!||https://youtu.be/92egt5-UDwo|
|4/13/2021||16:00 UTC||Round Table: Towards XMPP 2.0||Open discussion||Notes: https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_Office_Hours/2021-04-13-Notes||https://cloud.jabberhead.tk/s/YQnPrXZAHnGezt7||A round table discussion about features, changes, and fixes in a hypothetical future "XMPP 2.0"||Notes: https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_Office_Hours/2021-04-13-Notes|
|4/6/2021||16:00 UTC||Cryptographic Identity: Conquering the Fingerprint Chaos||Paul Schaub (vanitasvitae)||https://cloud.jabberhead.tk/s/YQnPrXZAHnGezt7||An idea on how to tackle the complexity problem of fingerprint verification in end-to-end encrypted multi device messaging||https://youtu.be/oc5844dyrsc|
|3/31/2021||17:00 UTC||Soprani.ca: bridging us all together||Stephen Paul Weber (singpolyma)||https://singpolyma.net/presentations/2021/090/soprani.ca/||An overview of the goals and current state of the Soprani.ca (including Cheogram and JMP.chat) projects||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZtxZXs7Ja8|
|3/26/2021||17:00 UTC||Designing Message Styling||Sam Whited||https://blog.samwhited.com/designing-message-styling.pdf||An overview of the design and implementation of the Message Styling API in Mellium||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zet2r-Tw-k4|
- "Intro to JMAP" by Daniel Gultsch, 2021-04-27 1600 UTC
- "Intro to XMPP" by Sam Whited
- Round Table Discussion: "Towards XMPP 2.0"
- "Cryptographic Identity: Conquering the Fingerprint Chaos" by Paul Schaub (vanitasvitae)
- "Soprani.ca: bridging us all together" by Stephen Paul Weber (singpolyma)
- "Designing Message Styling" by Sam Whited
- "Verifying A/V Calls with OMEMO: The Art of the Hack" by Daniel Gultsch
If you are hosting the office hours, see the Office Hours Checklist for a list of tasks to perform the day before, the day of, and after the presentation.