Winfried Tilanus application 2013
Activities for XSF
- In 2011 I coordinated the BOSH interop testing at the XMPP summit 10.
- Since 2012 I try to coordinate the maintenance of the BOSH XEPs (XEP-0124 and XEP-0206).
- Several talks on Fosdem
Why I want to be a XSF member
XMPP and XMPP web technologies are at the core of my work for HelpIM, issues in the standards immediately translate back to issues my customers experience during their work. I believe in cooperation and openness, so in stead of fixing problems for myself, I choose to cooperate with the projects we rely on, including the XSF.
My main interest is in XMPP on the web. XMPP web technologies are a fast moving area right now:
- WebRTC and Websockets are the new kids on the block.
- There is a need to better support web developers with XMPP.
- BOSH is still around as an old technology that has its place in the landscape.
In this dynamic field I see myself mainly as somebody who is connecting (and sometimes coordinating) between all the great things going on right now.