Peter Waher Application 2011
My name is Peter Waher, and I work as CTO for Clayster AB. Clayster provides a platform for services hosted in the cloud, Semantic Web, the grid or/and sensor networks. My interest in XMPP stems from the fact that we're using it for M2M communications, peer-to-peer communications in IP-TV applications and as a pluggable transport layer in IP-based sensor networks (Internet of Things).
Some links contining information about what we do:
- http://clayster.com/ (at the time of writing, not yet up)
- http://clayster.tumblr.com/ (blog describing some things we're involved with)
- http://twitter.com/#!/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://twitpic.com/photos/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://se.linkedin.com/pub/peter-waher/1a/71b/a29 (LinkedIn contact)
- http://www.manodo.se/default/index.cfm/programvaror/manodo-my-home/ (IP-TV system based on our technologies, including XMPP. Publish services and sensor applications to IP-TV users.)
- http://www.manodo.se/default/index.cfm/programvaror/manodo-metering/ (AMR/AMI system based on our technologies, including XMPP.)
- http://www.ktc.se/ktc-se/index.cfm (Embedded devices, PLC's and controllers, some based on our technologies, others implementing XMPP for two-way full duplex communications over IP.)
- Mail address: email@example.com
- JID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Twitter: PeterWaher
- LinkedIn: Peter Waher
I live in Sweden (GMT+1)
A very brief summarized history of what I've been up to:
- Born (71)
- Mathematics at Stockholm University: (89-92)
- Computer games (88-94)
- Development of meters, sensors and AMR systems for ABB SVM (94-97)
- Commercial Pilot & Flight instructor, SC USA (97-98)
- Consultant (within AMR/AMI, embedded development) (98-02), including one year in Chile, V reg. (00-01)
- Larger systems for AMR/AMI @ Metrima (02-05)
- Application platform for services in intelligent homes @ Manodo, including AMR (06-08)
- Generic platform for the semantic web, the grid and internet of things (08-)
Purpose for applying
The main purpose for applying for membership is to be able to propose XMPP extensions. Our main interest is to expand xmpp to be used mainly within the following two areas:
- Sensor networks. This includes among others:
- Sensor detection, integrated with existing XMPP standards
- Sensor meta data, capabilities
- Starting sensor readouts, and asynchronous metering data reporting.
- Sensor configuratons (i.e. controlling devices for home automation)
- Interoperability between sensor and meter manufacturers, by providing an accepted open framework for sensor communications.
- Semantic Web (web 3.0). This includes:
- Semantic Service discovery, integrated with existing XMPP standards.
- Publishing SPARQL endpoints over XMPP
- Extending SPARQL queries over social/sensor networks.
- Transporting semantic information (RDF/XML, Turtle, SPARQL Results/XML, etc.) over XMPP
- Decentralized Social Networking.