Matthew Wild Application 2009
My name is Matthew Wild, and I am located in the United Kingdom. I work with XMPP for fun and for food, and I currently lead an open-source server project.
If you are interested in how I became involved in XMPP, please read my previous application. In particular my long-term goal stated there is still in progress.
- Beginning an XMPP library for Lua, Verse
- Starting a Lua server project, Prosody
- Jabber notifications for the jabber.org wiki, using XMPPHP
- Contributing to libstrophe (XPath support, examples, bugfixes)
- Bringing my 2007 BOSH code in gloox up to date with recent server developments
- Contributing to the www.jabber.org website
- Running xepbot/HAL in the jabber/jdev MUCs on conference.jabber.org
- Making a total of 4 blog posts, down from 11 in 2007 (helping the environment)
- Implementing offline messages and roster sequencing in an XMPP server
- I wrote this list once already, but my browser crashed. I'm sure I had more items before...
I plan to continue working on Prosody, and bring Verse out of alpha. I also have planned some new ideas for the www.jabber.org site, more on that some other time.
I'm sure I'll find some other ways to make myself useful too.
- MattJ in email@example.com
- Jabber/email: me (at) matthewwild.co.uk