Florian Zeitz Application 2013
XMPP Related Activities
- Running an XMPP-Server for myself and some friends (admittedly small deployment)
- Wrote some code for Gajim. Mostly PEP related, including support for User Nickname and User Location (receiving part)
- Working on objXMPP a (beta stage) Objective-C XMPP library
- Work on Prosody.
- Some (mostly unfinished) work on web applications
- Annoying people by pointing out XMPP related bugs in their code
- At least trying to answer questions and be helpful in email@example.com
Why I am applying
I have long been a fan of open distributed systems. I think it is very important that everybody can use a service they can trust and can rely on. I personally think the best way to ensure that is using your own server or one administered by a friend. XMPP fits this bill very well for IM and that is the original reason I got involved with the XMPP community. I have since found it very exciting to see technology grow and working with the XSF exchanging views on how protocol extensions should work on e.g. the standards@ ML. I've also been participating in discussion within the XMPP WG and various related WGs.