Difference between revisions of "Emmanuel Gil Peyrot Application 2018"
(Copy the 2017 version and change a few things.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is [[User:Link Mauve|my]] [[Membership Applications Q3 2018|membership application to the XSF membership for Q3 2018]] (actually a reapplication, three months
This is [[User:Link Mauve|my]] [[Membership Applications Q3 2018|membership application to the XSF membership for Q3 2018]] (actually a reapplication, three months late).
== Contact ==
== Contact ==
Latest revision as of 12:53, 25 August 2018
This is my membership application to the XSF membership for Q3 2018 (actually a reapplication, three months late).
- Name: Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
- Nickname: Link Mauve
- XMPP address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: linkmauve.fr
- Company: none
Who am I?
I’ve been an XMPP user since 2006, then quickly became service administrator, took part to the French XMPP community then the whole XMPP community, became client developer and library maintainer, XEP author, and council member. I was also a graphics engineer during my previous job, worked on Wayland, DRM and related projects in the graphics stack of Linux. I’m also a game developer on my free time.
Why am I reapplying?
I am a firm supporter of federated systems, and want to help the XSF and the various entities who support it reach their goals. I plan on continuing to report and fix specification bugs whenever I encounter them, on continuing to develop XMPP further, both on the technical side, on the user-friendly/marketing side, and on the social side by giving users a stepping point from which to start chatting right away, by helping whoever needs help around XMPP projects, and by generally raising awareness about XMPP.
My current projects
- JabberFR, a French association promoting free instant messaging, and providing an XMPP service for about 700 daily users.
- xmpp-parsers and xmpp-rs, a set of Rust libraries to write XMPP applications with.
- poezio, a console client for people nostalgic of power IRC clients.
- Prosody, implementing the missing features identified at JabberFR.