Difference between revisions of "DevCon3Agenda"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:14, 23 July 2007
Here are some possible DevCon agenda items...
Room: firstname.lastname@example.org (would be an xmpp: link if this wiki supported it)
- Mixed child elements in message/presence
- Stanza size limitations
- Authentication (TLS + SASL)
- Domain subscription
- Namespace subscription
- Presence subscription
- Roster subscription and manipulation
- Requirements, requirements, requirements (XEP-0210)
- Stanza signing (broadcast and directed)
- Auth via PGP key? (IIRC there's a TLS method for this - see http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys
- Justin's "JEP-Secure"
- Ubiquitous TLS on open network
- SPAM fighting / reporting
- CAPTCAs for user registration
- IP Hashes to reduce groupchat spam
- Server reputations
- Existing methods don't work well enough
- Requirement to send multiple files?
- Jingle to get reliable transport (e.g., ice-tcp)
- Then: HTTP? IQ?
- persisting public data objects
- private data storage
SHARED EDITING / WHITEBOARDING
- similaries to MUCOL (permissions / media sessions)
- extended presence
- more use cases beyond IM