Daniel Pocock Application 2023
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- research into harassment culture, publishing examples of volunteers threatening other volunteers.
- My biggest client from my first business was a winner of the Telstra Business Award specializing in workplace health and safety. One of the directors is a life member of the association for workplace health. I was lucky to be able to spend my student years hanging around their office and gaining insights into organization culture.
- When the community elected me as FSFE Fellowship representative, I took a firm stand to defend Michael Kappes from CoCism. The challenge to their CoCocracy (unpaid obedience) has been the root of many problems we see today.
- When a FOSDEM volunteer was harassed for using a metaphor, I defended him too and they started a campaign of cybertorture against me.
- People claim that I've been expelled from organizations that I never joined. I offer that as proof that cybertorture is real.
- When CoCism turned its evil on Dr Norbert Preining, I called out the secret blackmail in such a way that I didn't reveal he had been expelled. These affairs are plagued by CoCowardice, taking people one-at-a-time behind a closed curtain for blackmail. When it is exposed there is hysteria.
- I expressed concerns that CoC unculture could kill somebody
- Published evidence showing that claims against Jacob Appelbaum were either grossly exaggerated or totally false defamation
- Women have thanked me for supporting genuine victims of harassment. Cases where I supported genuine victims of abuse have not been made public.
- I defended refugees from Iran and called out both the church and Australian government rape culture all in the same email. Notice it was sent in 2013, well before the cardinal prosecution, parliament rapist prosecution and the headscarf crisis. Not one word in that email was based on speculation or guesswork.
- I went to the UN and warned that Twitter might fall into the wrong hands
- Skype scandal: As a teenager, I may have been at the scene of the crime but 15 years too early.
- Maintaining RTC Quick Start Guide
- Helping with activities like FOSDEM's RTC dev-room and lounge for more than 10 years
- Strong interest in crowdfunding and finance for independent developers, see my recent video from an event in Albania
- advocate upgrading from Codes of Conduct/Obedience to a Code of Ethics
Email and JID: firstname.lastname@example.org (prefer to receive email)
Employment: Director, Software Freedom Institute SA, Lausanne, Switzerland
We also have XMPP support in reSIProcate, I've done some basic testing against Prosody as part of my role in the reSIProcate community. I would welcome feedback about this module from people more experienced with XMPP.