XMPP Summit 16
The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 16th XMPP Summit on 10th September 2014 the days before JSConfEU and supporting events. It is also proposed to hold a 'hackathon' type event on the 11th September 2014 to which we will invite the wider community.
If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
Please also see Lanyrd page.
Please add any agenda items you would like to discuss here.
The following people plan to be there in person:
- Lloyd Watkin (in Berlin from 4th until 15th)
- Dave Cridland (9th until 15th)
- Philipp Hancke (undecided, at least from 9th until 11th)
- Jaussoin Timothée aka edhelas (here for the summit but I'll try to stay a couple of days before and after to visit the area)
The following people plan to participate remotely some or all of the time:
- ...please add your name here...
Please keep the list sorted (on last name) when adding people.
Please see the Lanyrd page.
We will be holding an XMPP hackathon on the 11th September at the same venue as the summit. The wider community will be invited to participate and to that end there may/will be introductory/barcamp-style talks.
If you would like to give a talk please add to the list below:
- ...your talk...
The plan is to hack on XMPP related projects, be they new XEP, servers, clients, or just interesting ideas.
Undecided at present. Should sponsors come forward then we will certainly organise something. If there is no XSF dinner we will arrange a restaurant at cost to attendees if requested.
Should sufficient sponsorship be received then XSF members will be able to attend for free with 1 additional guest.
Sponsors for the event will be listed below.
- Your name here! Contact Dave Cridland or any other member of the XSF Board!
The Summit will be held at MediaWiki's offices in Berlin. Address to follow.
We'll be aiming to get there for 9:30 for a 10:00 start (local time). Finish around 4:30pm
We do not have a block hotel booking at present. If requested by enough people this could be arranged.
We will use the email@example.com chatroom for coordination and Google Hangouts with a YouTube broadcast for sharing audio and video. The Hangout is limited to 9 participants, so please join the Hangout only if you plan to ask questions or otherwise be actively involved in the voice and video aspects of the conversation.
GPG key signing
During the summit there will be the possibility to sign each others GPG keys. If you want to have your keys signed, please take along:
- Key printouts with the following:
- your first name and last name
- the e-mail adresses and other id's you would like to have signed
- the key-id and encryption method (eg: 4096R/1A2B3C4D)
- key fingerprint (visible with: gpg -v --fingerprint 1A2B3C4D)
- Some official ID with photo (e.g. Passport or drivers license)
Prepared like this, it should not take more then 15 minutes to cross-sign the keys of everybody who is interested. More info can be found at: Debian Wiki on Keysigning. Some handy scripts for making mass-signing more easy can be found in the Signing party Debian package.
Here are the people who plan to participate: