Difference between revisions of "Ralph Meijer Application 2017"
(Created page with "My name is Ralph Meijer ([xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org ralphm]) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership. I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late...")
Revision as of 12:17, 24 August 2017
My name is Ralph Meijer (ralphm) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership.
I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late 2000. I have co-authored a number of XEPs, all around publish-subscribe technologies, and contributed to many others, as well as the XMPP specifications submitted to the IETF. Futhermore I have served on the XMPP Council from 2004 through 2013 and serve on the XSF Board since 2013, as Chair since 2016.
I maintain the following Jabber related services:
- Planet Jabber - *The* aggregate blog of Jabber related blogs.
- Mimír - A Jabber enabled news service / web-based news reader.
My most visible contributions in terms of code are:
- Idavoll - A (framework for building a) server-side component that implements a XEP-0060 compliant publish-subscribe service.
- The XMPP support in the Twisted Framework, of which I am the current maintainer.
- Wokkel - A library on top of Twisted that provides XMPP extension protocol implementations.
- anyXMPP - A code-as-a-node XMPP Publish-Subscribe interface to anyMeta
- ikDisplay - An aggregator of real-time event notifications for waterfall type displays (including the Twitter Streaming API) that pushes to XMPP Publish-Subscribe nodes.
I am a strong promoter of Jabber related technologies and have been given presentations at various conferences, mostly in Europe. Also, I've organized an Jabber/XMPP developers' room and XSF booth at FOSDEM on several occasions, among others.
I would like retain my membership to continue my work within the XSF.