Alexander Gnauck Application 2006
I am 32 years old and live in the south of germany (Heilbronn). I am working as a programmer for 10 years now. I dicovered the jabber protocol in the year 2001, and the technology convinced me from the 1st day. Sice 2001 I'm programming, contributing and promoting xmpp.
- Jid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
Active Jabber/XMPP Projects
- agsXMPP library - multi platform open source XMPP library written in c# for .NET
- SmartJab - free Jabber Client for Smartphones based on agsXMPP
- myJabber Client - Jabber Client
- also working on some other projects that will be released soon
- i administrate the public jabber server at myJabber.net
- I try to help newbies and developers whenever possible in all jabber mailing lists.
- I try o convince everybody from the xmpp technologies for IM or real-time collobration business applications.
- I'm no JEP author, but i try to prove the JEPs and protocols with my source code.
- And of course i always try to be active in protocol discussions on the standards-jig mailing list
Why I'm reapplying
- I hope to contribute with my code and experience to the JSF.
- I also want move forward with E2E encryption, stream compression and better file transfer protocols that works also with clients behind NAT (STUN, ICE).
- One of my visions is to replace SMTP with XMPP. I hope this becomes true soon
- Bring more XMPP applications on mobile devices and cell phones.
- I'm looking forward to a great year for XMPP in 2006 with protocols like Jingle and big companies like Google.