XMPP Office Hours
Weekly "office hours" (short talks, discussions, or demos held virtually) occur every Tuesday.
Want to show the world around your favorite client? Get feedback on a new feature you developed? Encourage other clients to implement your favorite XEP? Or just have a round table discussion about a topic that's close to your heart? This is the place to do it.
Talks and demos can be any length, but we'll strive to keep the whole session to around an hour at maximum (ideally we'll stick to something closer to 30 minutes) including any time for questions (if the speaker wants them).
If no one is signed up on a particular week, join us in the chat anyways for an informal XMPP-themed Happy Hour!
- Intro to XMPP by Sam Whited, 2021-04-20 1600 UTC
If you would like to volunteer to moderate this discussion, please reach out to Sam in any of the various XSF channels.
Some (but not all) previous talks can be found on our YouTube channel:
Here are a few examples of great talks we've had recently!
- Round Table Discussion: Towards XMPP 2.0 on Tuesday, 13 April 16:00 UTC - Notes https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_Office_Hours/2021-04-13-Notes
- "Cryptographic Identity: Conquering the Fingerprint Chaos" by Paul Schaub (vanitasvitae)
- "Soprani.ca: bridging us all together" by Stephen Paul Weber (singpolyma)
- "Designing Message Styling" by Sam Whited
- "Verifying A/V Calls with OMEMO: The Art of the Hack" by Daniel Gultsch
If you are hosting the office hours, see the Office Hours Checklist for a list of tasks to perform the day before, the day of, and after the presentation.