XMPP Newsletter February 2020
Warning: this wiki page does not represent the final edits
- Links collection: DONE
- Newsletter: WIP
- Blog post
- Social media
[ Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing) ]
Intro (remove this)
Welcome to the XMPP newsletter covering the month of January 2020.
Help us sustain this as a community effort, which process is fully documented.
As usual in this period of the year, the community of protocol makers united in the XMPP Summit. Two days of sharing and building the future of XMPP. This year has been productive, we covered various subjects such as:
- XMPP Shortage Audit
- Easy Passwordless Onboarding and Account Management
- Account Rich Presence in PEP
- End-to-End Encryption Key Management
- Palaver IM Client
- Why Push Notifications are not good enough?
- MIX when?
- commTeam ("Lightning talk")
- Inbox / Unread / Bind2
- XMPP as mandatory standard? (Lightning talk)
- XHTML-IM2 / Rich markup
We will probably cover all these in more depth next month.
Ingo Jürgensmann has written two interesting articles:
David Wong wrote an insightful point by point piece: A history of end-to-end encryption and the death of PGP
Die verrückte Welt der Messenger – Messenger Teil1 (german) - Start of a series about different messengers (including XMPP).
Clients and applications
Extensions and specifications
This XMPP Newsletter is produced collaboratively by the community.
Thanks to xxx, yyy, zzz for their help in creating it!
Please share the news on "social networks":
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/xmpp
- Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@xmpp/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/xmpp-standards-foundation/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jabber/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmpp/
This newsletter is published under CC by-sa license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/