XMPP Newsletter December 2019
- links collection CLOSED
- Newsletter sent
- PR for blog post closed for review: https://github.com/xsf/xmpp.org/pull/660
[ Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing) ]
XMPP in all languages!
Welcome to the XMPP newsletter covering the month of November 2019.
Help us sustain this as a community effort, which process is fully documented.
Edivaldo Brito has written in Portugese "Como instalar o moderno cliente Jabber/XMPP Dino no Linux via Snap" ("How to install the modern Jabber/XMPP Dino client on Linux via Snap").
Last month, the XMPP newsletter has been translated by community members:
- French: Lettre d’information XMPP, 8 novembre 2019, sprints, IoT et le début de Twitter
- German: XMPP Newsletter, 08. November 2019, Sprints, IoT und die Anfänge von Twitter
- Spanish: XMPP Newsletter, 08 Nov 2019, Sprints, IoT, y los primeros Twitter
We encourage you all to contribute to this translation effort!
The Ignite Realtime community has released:
ProcessOne has published bugfix release ejabberd 19.09.1.
Clients and applications
Movim 0.16 – Cesco has been released, with Drawing and content sharing, Attachments, Chat improvements, and Chats, chatrooms list improvements, and Search, plus more.
Goffi has published his SàT progress note 2019-W48.
Conversations 2.6.0 has been released.
Converse.js 5.0.5 has been released.
Extensions and specifications
This month, nothing in Last Call, Proposed, Obsoleted.
Version 0.1.0 of XEP-0424 (Message Retraction) has been released.
Abstract: This specification defines a method for indicating that a message should be retracted.
Changelog: Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-10-23. (XEP Editor (jcb))
rsion 0.1.0 of XEP-0425 (Message Moderation) has been released.
Abstract: This specification defines a method for groupchat moderators to moderate messages.
Changelog: Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-10-16. (XEP Editor (jcb))
- Version 1.23.1 of XEP-0001 (XMPP Extension Protocols) has been released.
- Version 1.17.0 of XEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe) has been released.
- Version 1.0.1 of XEP-0076 (Malicious Stanzas) has been released.
- Version 1.1.4 of XEP-0084 (User Avatar) has been released.
- Version 1.0.1 of XEP-0158 (CAPTCHA Forms) has been released.
- Version 0.3.0 of XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020) has been released.
- Version 0.2 of XEP-0328 (JID Preparation and Validation Service) has been released.
- Version 0.3 of XEP-0372 (References) has been released.
- Version 0.7.0 of XEP-0392 (Consistent Color Generation) has been released.
- Version 0.2.0 of XEP-0393 (Message Styling) has been released.
- Version 1.1.0 of XEP-0410 (MUC Self-Ping (Schrödinger's Chat)) has been released.
- Version 0.2.0 of XEP-0420 (Stanza Content Encryption) has been released.
This XMPP Newsletter is produced collaboratively by the community.
Thanks to Nyco, Guus, Wurstsalat, MDosch, Neustradamus for their help in creating it!
Please share the news on "social networks":
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/xmpp
- Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@xmpp/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/xmpp-standards-foundation/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jabber/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmpp/
This newsletter is published under CC by-sa license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/