XMPP Newsletter December 2019
Status: links collection open
[ Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing) ]
Welcome to the XMPP newsletter covering the month of November 2019.
Help us sustain this as a community effort, which process is fully documented.
Last month, the XMPP newsletter has been translated by community members:
We encourage you all to contribute to this translation effort!
The Ignite Realtime community has released:
ProcessOne has published bugfix release ejabberd 19.09.1.
Clients and applications
Extensions and specifications
This month, nothing in Last Call, Proposed, Obsoleted.
Version 0.1.0 of XEP-0424 (Message Retraction) has been released.
Abstract: This specification defines a method for indicating that a message should be retracted.
Changelog: Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-10-23. (XEP Editor (jcb))
rsion 0.1.0 of XEP-0425 (Message Moderation) has been released.
Abstract: This specification defines a method for groupchat moderators to moderate messages.
Changelog: Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-10-16. (XEP Editor (jcb))
- Version 1.23.1 of XEP-0001 (XMPP Extension Protocols) has been released.
- Version 1.17.0 of XEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe) has been released.
- Version 1.0.1 of XEP-0076 (Malicious Stanzas) has been released.
- Version 1.1.4 of XEP-0084 (User Avatar) has been released.
- Version 1.0.1 of XEP-0158 (CAPTCHA Forms) has been released.
- Version 0.3.0 of XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020) has been released.
- Version 0.2 of XEP-0328 (JID Preparation and Validation Service) has been released.
- Version 0.3 of XEP-0372 (References) has been released.
- Version 0.7.0 of XEP-0392 (Consistent Color Generation) has been released.
- Version 0.2.0 of XEP-0393 (Message Styling) has been released.
- Version 1.1.0 of XEP-0410 (MUC Self-Ping (Schrödinger's Chat)) has been released.
- Version 0.2.0 of XEP-0420 (Stanza Content Encryption) has been released.
This XMPP Newsletter is produced collaboratively by the community.
Thanks to Nyco, Guus, Wurstsalat, MDosch, Neustradamus for their help in creating it!
Please share the news on "social networks":
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/xmpp
- Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@xmpp/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/xmpp-standards-foundation/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jabber/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmpp/
This newsletter is published under CC by-sa license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/