Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here you can submit news items for inclusion in the next XMPP Newsletter (as managed by the CommTeam).
To contributors, editors, reviewers, translators
What determines relevancy?
The submission must ideally be a blog or article about XMPP/Jabber and/or XMPP-based software (clients, servers, libs).
Some exceptions might be made, for example for a release page showing a new release of some XMPP-based software.
However, marketing brochures (e.g. single-page marketing sites) for new products which don't contain information on XMPP, won't be included.
Make sure you read the Basic communication guide for XMPP techies
- Link collection: duration 1 month
- Read and validate the content
- Include the reporters credits!
- Check that it's not duplicate, and in the correct section
- Copywrite so each content is readable by humans: duration 1 week
- Add links
- Add images
- Add CTAs
- Carefully craft the subject/title line, and the preview text (first lines that are sometimes previewed on email UAs)
- Include the copywriters credits!
- PR on website git repo for blog post (Markdown, Pelican): duration the week-end before posting
- Include Pelican header
- Need at least 2 or 3 peer reviews
- Include the reviewers credits!
- Sending the newsletter: on D-day
- Copy-paste Newsletter on Tinyletter
- Test it (peer review is not yet done)
- Send it
- Blog post: PR merge and deploy on website git repo on D-day
- Social media posts
- Metrics/analytics in CommTeam MUC
- Twitter monthly metrics
- Newsletter analytics
- Propose schedule for next issue
- Translations: after D-day
- 2020-01-27 Mon: copywriting starts
- 2020-01-30 Thu: end of link submission, PR on GitHub (during XMPP Summit)
- 2020-02-04 Tue: newsletter publication, blog post, promotion tweets
- 2020-02-24 Mon: copywriting starts
- 2020-02-28 Thu: end of link submission, PR on GitHub (during XMPP Summit)
- 2020-03-04 Tue: newsletter publication, blog post, promotion tweets