Contributors: What determines relevancy?
The submission must ideally be a blog or article about XMPP/Jabber and/or XMPP-based software (clients, servers, libs).
Some exceptions might be made, for example for a release page showing a new release of some XMPP-based software.
However, marketing brochures (e.g. single-page marketing sites) for new products which don't contain information on XMPP, won't be included.
Make sure you read the Basic communication guide for XMPP techies
Newsletter editors: TODO/checklist
For the newsletter editors:
- Collect links in this wiki page, read and validate content
- Copywriting so it is readable by humans
- Add images
- Add clear CTA
- Subject line and preview text
- PR on website git repo for blog post (Markdown, Pelican), and peer review
- Analytics from latest newsletter in spreadsheet
- Newsletter via Tinyletter
- Twitter scheduling: text, image, hashtags, link, timestamp
- Empty this page, keep structure
- 2019-09-27 Fri: end of submission
- 2019-09-27 Fri: PR on GitHub
- 2019-10-01 Tue: newsletter publication, blog post, tweets
[ Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing) ]
- Prepare for FOSDEM, modern XMPP features, and more news
- FOSDEM 2020 Feb, modernization of XMPP, and more...
Welcome to the XMPP newsletter: October edition, covering the month of September.
Be kind, inform your friends and colleagues: forward this newsletter!
Ralph Meijer, chairman of the Board of Directors of the XSF, has written an introductory piece about "XMPP Message Attaching, Fastening, References", specifications currently in progress.
JabberFr, the French XMPP/Jabber community, has again translated the XMPP newsletter in French, merci beaucoup.
For the poor lonesome techies, we wrote a very minimalistic communication guide, could be worth for some.
Multiple Vulnerabilities found in Dino, please update as soon as possible.
As usual every year, that time has come: we proudly announce the XMPP Summit 24 and the FOSDEM. The 24th XMPP Summit will happen on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st of January, and the FOSDEM will be held on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of February. Prepare for the community gathering.
Réda Housni Alaoui is reviving the formerly dormant Vysper XMPP server, please pronounce "whisper".
Xabber Server v.0.9 alpha is released, with quick installation and management panel, and interesting innovations.
- https://github.com/profanity-im/profanity/releases/tag/0.7.1 (bug fix release)
- Updates for search.jabbercat.org:
- Visual redesign
- "Dummy avatars" using XEP-0392
- Link to anonymous web chat if available
- Avatars for white-listed MUCs
- Software version pie chart
Extensions and specifications
Abstract: This specification defines a way for payloads on a message to be marked as being logically fastened to a previous message.
XMPP Compliance Suites 2020
Abstract: This document defines XMPP protocol compliance levels.
Abstract: This document defines an XMPP protocol extension for issuing authentication tokens to client applications and provides methods for managing сlient connections.
Thx and CTA, Call To Action (remove this mention before publishing)
Thanks to Daniel and Jwi for aggregating the news, SouL for the copywriting.
CTA: follow our Twitter account @xmpp
This newsletter is published under CC by-sa license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/