Difference between revisions of "XMPP Newsletter"
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
==== Libraries ====
==== Libraries ====
Revision as of 14:20, 12 September 2019
- 1 Contributors: What determines relevancy?
- 2 Newsletter editors: TODO/checklist
- 3 Submissions for next newsletter
- 3.1 Newsletter subject
- 3.2 Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing)
- 3.3 Articles
- 3.4 Videos
- 3.5 Tutorials
- 3.6 Events
- 3.7 Software releases
- 3.8 Other
- 3.9 Services
- 3.10 GSoC
- 3.11 Extensions and specifications
- 3.12 CTA, Call To Action (remove this mention before publishing)
Contributors: What determines relevancy?
The submission must ideally be a blog or article about XMPP/Jabber and/or XMPP-based software (clients, servers, libs).
Some exceptions might be made, for example for a release page showing a new release of some XMPP-based software.
However, marketing brochures (e.g. single-page marketing sites) for new products which don't contain information on XMPP, won't be included.
Make sure you read the Basic communication guide for XMPP techies
Newsletter editors: TODO/checklist
For the newsletter editors:
- Collect links in this wiki page, read and validate content
- Copywriting so it is readable by humans
- Add images
- Add clear CTA
- Subject line and preview text
- PR on website git repo for blog post (Markdown, Pelican), and peer review
- Analytics from latest newsletter in spreadsheet
- Newsletter via Tinyletter
- Twitter scheduling: text, image, hashtags, link, timestamp
- Empty this page, keep structure
Friendly, human introduction for the month (remove this mention before publishing)
Be kind, inform your friends and colleagues: forward this newsletter!
Summit 24 and FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium
Réda Housni Alaoui is reviving the formerly dormant Vysper XMPP server https://github.com/apache/mina-vysper
Watching: To be included if source code released: https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-server
Extensions and specifications
Abstract: This specification defines a way for payloads on a message to be marked as being logically fastened to a previous message.
XMPP Compliance Suites 2020
Abstract: This document defines XMPP protocol compliance levels.
Abstract: This document defines an XMPP protocol extension for issuing authentication tokens to client applications and provides methods for managing сlient connections.