Initially the goal was to develop fully compliant XMPP server with backward compatibility with informal XMPP specification. In time the project has been split into smaller parts - server implementation, xmltools containing parser for XML streams and test suite with built in scripting language.
In summer 2006 client side library and application in Java have joined Tigase project.
Now Tigase consists of following subprojects:
- tigase-server - Tigase XMPP server
- tigase-xmltools - XML tools, parser simple XML database
- tigase-testsuite - Test suite for testing XMPP servers.
- tigase-utils - Repository with common files used in other Tigase subprojects.
- evora - XMPP client
- jaxmpp - XMPP client library