The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 22th XMPP Summit in the two days preceding FOSDEM 2018, Thursday February 1st & Friday 2nd.
To participate in this (or any future summit), please join the firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list and post with your participation request or ideas for Summit topics.
- Thu 1st Feb
- Fri 2nd Feb
The summit will take place during business hours. Previous years, we've been able to fill both days. We expect to do the same this year.
Possible topics (please augment as desired):
- Your topic here - add your name please!
- "XMPP 2". What do we need to do to enable us to ship competitive modern messaging that behaves the way people expect (e.g. multi-device sync...). Kev and/or Georg.
- SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, bacon, sausage and SPAM: does not need to be a XEP, a list/repository of recipes and good/best practices can help a lot
- XMPP's trend is shrinking: are we happy about it? and if we are not, what can we do about it
- XMPP on IoT - A live working demonstration
The following people plan to be there in person.
|Given name||Family name||Nickname||Hotel check in - out||booked?||comments|
|Guus||der Kinderen||guus||Thursday Feb 1 - Monday Feb 5||yes (Thon)|
|Dave||Cridland||dwd||Wednesday Jan 31 - Monday Feb 5||nope||Yes.|
|Paul||Schaub||vanitasvitae||Thursday Feb 1 - Sunday Feb 4||no|
|Kim||Alvefur||Zash||(tbd)||no||undecided until last minutes!|
|Winfried||Tilanus||winfried||Wednesday Jan 31 - Mon 5 jan (last night tentative)||no|
|Alex||Rogers||monar||Thursday Feb 1 - Friday Feb 2||yes, Thon EU|
|Daniel||Gultsch||iNPUTmice||Wednesday Jan 31 - Sat Feb 3||yes|
|Sam||Whited||SamWhited||Jan 31 – Feb 04||yes|
|Daniel||Wisnewski||Dwisnewski||Jan 30 - Feb 5||soon|
|Andrzej||Wójcik||Hantu.sc||Jan 31 - Feb 4||soon|
|Edwin||Mons||intosi||Thursday Feb 1 – Sunday Feb 4||Yes, Thon Hotel EU|
A hotel group discount has been arranged that covers Summit 22 as well as FOSDEM 2018. There's no requirement to spend all nights covered by the discount. It's perfectly fine to spend just some nights, which might be of interest to people attending just one, instead of both events.
The designated hotel is Thon Hotel EU (Rue de la Loi 75, B-1040 Brussels, Belgium). Please fill in your check-in and check-out dates in the participants list above. A reservation form has been shared via the summit mailing list (contact Guus if you need a copy).
We will use the email@example.com chatroom for coordination. A/V TBD
The following people plan to participate remotely some or all of the time:
- Your name here
As usual, the XSF will hold a dinner for XSF participants in conjunction with the Summit. XSF members attend for free.
Time and Venue
Probably Thu 1st at night, by taxis
The following organizations and individuals stepped up to sponsor the dinner:
- Your name here
To sponsor future XSF dinners, please contact any member of the XSF Board! No donation too small (or too large)!
GPG key signing
During the summit there will be the possibility to sign each others GPG keys. If you want to have your keys signed, please take along:
- Key printouts with the following:
- your first name and last name
- the e-mail adresses and other id's you would like to have signed
- the key-id and encryption method (eg: 4096R/1A2B3C4D)
- key fingerprint (visible with: gpg -v --fingerprint 1A2B3C4D)
- Some official ID with photo (e.g. Passport or drivers license)
Prepared like this, it should not take more then 15 minutes to cross-sign the keys of everybody who is interested. More info can be found at: Debian Wiki on Keysigning. Some handy scripts for making mass-signing more easy can be found in the Signing party Debian package.
Here are the people who plan to participate in key signing:
- Your name here
|Event on wiki main page (under 'upcoming events')?||Yes|
|Announced on mailing list?||No|
|Event on XSF Shared Calendar?||Yes|
|Twitter announcement||None yet|
|Blogpost announcement||None yet|
|Blogpost wrapup||None yet|