Sprints/2019 May Karlsruhe
Gulaschprogrammiernacht (GPN) is an annual CCC event in Karlsruhe. It’s a little bit like a smaller, more intimate, version of the Chaos Communication Congress with a focus on hacking rather than talks. (There are talks in 3+ slots though. Most of them in German.) The venue has rows and rows of tables and you can basically sit where ever you like. There are also lounge-y areas with couches and DJs.
Note that we (XSF, SCAM, whoever) are not organizing this event but are just guests at a CCC event.
Thursday May 30th - Sunday June 2nd.
Starts late on Thursday (~afternoon) and ends early on Sunday (~noon). So you don’t have to arrive a day early and can instead make Thursdays and Sunday your travel days.¹
¹ as long as your journey time isn’t too long.
Hochschule fuer Gestaltung (HFG) and Zentrum fuer Kunst und Medien (ZKM) in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The event is free of charge but they do ask you to register and there is also a suggested donation to cover their costs.
Join us in the chatroom: xmpp:email@example.com?join
Also accessible via https://chat.cluxia.eu/anon/#xmpp-sprint
Since this is a public event with lots of technical but non-XMPP people attending it is probably worth while to be prepared to do some outreach / advertisement. This includes but is not limited to:
- Bringing and putting up the XMPP flag
- Bringing stickers (XMPP + if you have stickers for your project)
- Maybe prepare a lightning talk if there are going to be lightning talk slots (to be confirmed)
- Hotel Astoria. Daniel is staying there. (Booked through booking.com because the official website didn’t have rooms left at that date) ~180 w/ breakfast. Walking distance from the venue.
- Hotel Santo. Daniel stayed there last year. Decent Hotel; Good breakfast. Paid 237 Euro for the three nights including breakfast. Felt a little pricey for what was offered. Walking distance from the venue.
|Name (optional)||Nickname||Sprint project(s)||booked?||comments|
|Daniel Gultsch||iNPUTmice||Developer documentation, Conversations Backup to plain text tool||yes|
|Matthias Rieber||sezuan||LevelDB storage backend for ejabberd's
||local||only Saturday and Sunday|