Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Ralph Meijer Application 2008
Revision as of 07:58, 14 July 2008
1,711 bytes added
07:58, 14 July 2008
no edit summary
My name is Ralph Meijer ([xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org ralphm]) and I'm applying for the continuance of my XSF membership.
I've been an active member of the Jabber community since late 2000. I have co-authored a number of XEPs, all around publish-subscribe technologies, and contributed to many others, as well as the XMPP specification submitted to the IETF. Futhermore I have served on the XMPP Council since 2004.
I currently work for [http://www.mediamatic.nl/ Mediamatic Lab], on open standards and XMPP, and keep a [http://ralphm.net/blog/ personal weblog].
== Services ==
I maintain the following Jabber related services:
* [http://planet.jabber.org Planet Jabber] - *The* aggregate blog of Jabber related blogs.
* [http://mimir.ik.nu/ MimÃr] - A Jabber enabled news service / web-based news reader.
== Code ==
My most visible contributions in terms of code are:
* [http://idavoll.jabberstudio.org Idavoll] - A (framework for building a) server-side component that implements a JEP-0060 compliant publish-subscribe service.
* The XMPP support in the [http://twistedmatrix.com/ Twisted Framework], of which I am the current maintainer.
* [http://wokkel.ik.nu Wokkel] - A library on top of Twisted that provides XMPP extension protocol implementations.
== Evangelism ==
I am a strong promoter of Jabber related technologies and have been given presentations at various conferences, mostly in Europe. Also, I've organised a Jabber developers' room and Jabber booth at [http://www.fosdem.org/ FOSDEM] on several occasions, among others.
== Why? ==
I would like retain my membership to continue my work within the XSF for the European continent. I will also re-apply for the next term of the XMPP Council.
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups