Note: This is a DRAFT policy for adding IM services to the list maintained by Jabber.org Team. This policy was last updated 2008-01-10. Please send feedback to the email address "verification @ jabber.org".
In order to be added to the jabber.org list of IM services, a service must do the following:
- Offer SSL / TLS support using a non-self-signed certificate by a recognized certification authority. (The XSF offers free certificates to Jabber server administrators via the XMPP ICA.)
- Offer client-to-server connections on port 5222 (or a port discoverable via SRV) and on the SSL-only port 5223 (for certificate checking).
- Offer server-to-server connections on port 5269 (or a port discoverable via SRV).
- Offer a website with information about the IM service (e.g., contact information for end users) on port 80 or 443.
- Allow the Jabber.org Team to probe the IM service for add-on services such as multi-user chat rooms and gateways.
- Maintain 99.9% uptime (e.g., as tested by [http://jabbermonitor.ayena.de/ jabbermonitor.ayena.de[). Uptime will be monitored continuously. The server will be added after a 1 month testing period, if it has met all the the requirements.
- Provide complete and accurate information about the IM service, including information about the service administrator and the approximate geolocation of the server.
- Allow the Jabber.org Team to verify data about the system administrator and/or hosting organization via telephone.