From XMPP WIKI
Revision as of 01:46, 22 August 2008 by MattJ (Added link)
- An open, secure technology for instant messaging and a whole lot more.
- A friendly community of end users and developers who value freedom of communication.
- A decentralized network of IM services in which your messages are not monitored by a big company like AOL, Microsoft, or Yahoo. You can even run your own server!
- A set of stable standards for real-time communications, published by the IETF and the XMPP Standards Foundation.
- Instant messaging the way it was meant to be!
In other words, Jabber is NOT a closed, insecure, unfriendly, centralized, proprietary instant messaging service like AIM, ICQ, MSN, or Yahoo.
Instead, Jabber gives you true freedom of conversation. So get started today!