Peter Waher Application 2015
My name is Peter Waher and I work with Internet of Things and Smart Citites and Semantic Web technologies. My interest in XMPP is to use it as the basis for a safe and secure IoT infrastructure which competing actors can share in a secure and interoperable manner.
Apart from writing a book in IoT and IoT-related protocols (Learning Internet of Things: http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Internet-Things-Peter-Waher/dp/1783553537), I've authored and coauthored several XEPs that lay the foundation for interoperable IoT applications using XMPP.
List of XEPs that I've been part in authoring:
- XEP-0322: Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format
- XEP-0323: Internet of Things - Sensor Data
- XEP-0324: Internet of Things - Provisioning
- XEP-0325: Internet of Things - Control
- XEP-0326: Internet of Things - Concentrators
- XEP-0331: Data Forms - Color Field Types
- XEP-0332: HTTP over XMPP transport
- XEP-0336: Data Forms - Dynamic Forms
- XEP-0337: Event Logging over XMPP
- XEP-0347: Internet of Things - Discovery
- XEP-0348: Signing Forms
A proto-XEP that is written, where I have to better explain the choices that have been made, before it can be approved:
And these are work in progress. They are largely complete, but require some more work or a larger community:
- XEP-xxxx: Internet of Things - Interoperability
- XEP-xxxx: Chat Interface for Internet of Things Devices
The following presentation provides information about both the XEPs above, and future planned XEPs relating to the Internet of Things:
Some papers I've written concerning XMPP:
Purpose for re-applying
The main purpose for reapplying for membership is to be able to propose XMPP extensions and support existing ones. My main interest is to expand XMPP to be used mainly within the following three areas:
- Internet of Things.
- Semantic Web (web 3.0).
- Decentralized Social Networking.
Apart from the XEPs waiting approval and not yet terminated as listed above, the plan is to provide XEPs for:
- IoT Battery Powered Sensors
- IoT Multicast
- IoT publish/subscribe
- Quality of Service levels for messaging
- Informational XEP, introducing readers to the IoT XEPs.
Nagging in my mind as being a good idea is also:
- Distributed Data storage
- Distributed File System