Peter Waher Application 2013
My name is Peter Waher, and I'm a cofounder of Clayster. Clayster provides a platform for Internet-of-Things-based services hosted on everything from plug computers to the cloud, and incorporates apart from Internet-of-Things functionality also Semantic Web technology. My interest in XMPP stems from the fact that we're using it for IoT/M2M communications and peer-to-peer(-like) communications in IP-TV applications.
Some links contining information about what we do:
- http://clayster.cl/ (at the time of writing, not yet up)
- http://twitter.com/#!/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://twitpic.com/photos/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterwaher (LinkedIn contact)
- Mail address: email@example.com
- JID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Twitter: PeterWaher
- LinkedIn: Peter Waher
I've spent the last year rallying support for the use of XMPP within IoT and writing XEPs that lay the foundation for interoperable IoT applications using XMPP.
List of XEPs that I've been part in creating:
- XEP-0322: Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format
- XEP-0323: Internet of Things - Sensor Data
- XEP-0324: Internet of Things - Provisioning
- XEP-0325: Internet of Things - Control
- XEP-0326: Internet of Things - Concentrators
- XEP-0331: Data Forms - Color Field Types
- XEP-0332: HTTP over XMPP transport
There are also two awaiting approval:
And these are work in progress. They are largely complete, but require some more work:
- XEP-xxxx: Internet of Things - Interoperability
- XEP-xxxx: Chat Interface for Internet of Things Devices
The following presentation provides information about both the XEPs above, and future planned XEPs relating to the Internet of Things:
Purpose for re-applying
The main purpose for reapplying for membership is to be able to propose XMPP extensions. Our main interest is to expand XMPP to be used mainly within the following three areas:
- Internet of Things.
- Semantic Web (web 3.0).
- Decentralized Social Networking.