Peter Waher Application 2011
My name is Peter Waher, and I work as CTO for Clayster AB. Clayster provides a platform for services hosted in the cloud, Semantic Web, the grid orand sensor networks. My interest in XMPP stems from the fact that we're using it for M2M communications, peer-to-peer communications in IP-TV applications and as a transport layer in IP-based sensor networks (Internet of Things).
Some links contining information about what we do:
- http://clayster.com/ (at the time of writing, not yet up)
- http://clayster.tumblr.com/ (blog describing some things we're involved with)
- http://twitter.com/#!/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://twitpic.com/photos/PeterWaher (contains snapshots of some of the services we do)
- http://se.linkedin.com/pub/peter-waher/1a/71b/a29 (LinkedIn contact)
- http://www.manodo.se/default/index.cfm/programvaror/manodo-my-home/ (IP-TV system based on our technologies, including XMPP. Publish services and sensor applications to IP-TV users.)
- http://www.manodo.se/default/index.cfm/programvaror/manodo-metering/ (AMR/AMI system based on our technologies, including XMPP.)
- http://www.ktc.se/ktc-se/index.cfm (Embedded devices, PLC's and controllers, some based on our technologies, others implementing XMPP for two-way full duplex communications over IP.)
- Mail address: email@example.com
- JID: firstname.lastname@example.org Public (federated) clayster.com JID coming.
Purpose for applying
The main purpose for applying for membership is to be able to probose XMPP extensions. Our main interest is to expand xmpp to be used mainly within the following two areas:
- Sensor networks. This includes among others:
- Sensor detection, integrated with existing XMPP standards
- Sensor meta data, capabilities
- Starting sensor readouts
- Sensor configuratons (i.e. controlling devices for home automation)
- Interoperability between sensor and meter manufacturers, by providing an accepted open framework for sensor communications.
- Semantic Web (web 3.0). This includes:
- Semantic Service discovery, integrated with existing XMPP standards.
- Publishing SPARQL endpoints over XMPP
- Transporing semantic information (RDF/XML, Turtle, SPARQL Results/XML, etc.) over XMPP