Office Hours Checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:51, 12 December 2021 by SamWhited (Remove reference to the Mellium account which isn't applicable to other hosts)
When a new talk is added
- Update the wiki page "Next Talk" section if applicable
- Update the XSF calendar
- Remind in communications room to update Twitter and Mastodon
- Make a post from your personal account or repost the above
- Make a post on r/xmpp
- Send an email to standards@ and members@
- Post in the standards room and jdev
- Ask the speaker to share slides as a PDF if they have any and have not done so
- Ask the speaker to join a bit early to test audio, screen share, etc.
- Update the cover slide with next weeks talk and any announcements
- Start the chat 30 minutes before hand and upload the cover slide
- Remind the author to repeat questions that are asked in the chat and not by voice
- Start/end recording if the author is okay with it and ask if we can use CC-BY for the license
- Give any announcements, mention next weeks talk, call for new talks, and then introduce the author and turn it over to them.
- Don't forget to stop recording after questions!
- Update the wiki page "Next Talk" and "Previous Talks" section
- Wait for video processing to finish then upload it to YouTube, adding it to the Office Hours playlist and setting the license